Monday, November 30, 2009

CATCH UP!!!

WOW, it has been awhile and I am SOOOOO far behind on everything scrapping. Oh well. I think my designers understand the hassle and stress that is moving. We are officially in our house. We signed the papers on Tuesday, November 17 at 9AM and we got the keys on Thursday afternoon. We started moving in that night. We brought over pictures and stuff that would be awkward to move on the big day. We did another load on Friday night. They were both pretty late nights.

Saturday was the big move. We picked up the trucks at 8 and started loading. The missionaries and a couple other people came to help us around 9ish. We were loading at the house until about 12:30. Then we headed over to the new place. I ordered some pizza on the way because we were starving!!! When the pizza got there we all took a food break. Then we continued to unload. My cousin Josh, his 11 year old son, my aunt, uncle, and good friend Ryan were all there to help. We were just about 1/2 way done with the second truck when 5 guys from our new ward showed up. They helped us the rest of the way and then wanted to unload our pod. We needed to go back to the old house and get another load so we were pretty adamant about not doing the pod. The day was long enough without entering that into the equation. Well, they would NOT take no for an answer. So we decided to leave me behind to direct the unloading and my mom and Brett went back to the other house. They unloaded the pod in about 45 minutes!! I was so impressed! It was very nice to not have to worry about unloading the pod last week. I am glad that we let them help us.

Anyway, we were working until about 9:30 when we finally sat down for dinner at Sharis. We were exhausted, but we were pretty much all in. We had to go back to the other house a few times to get all of our clothes and to clean, but it is all over now. Hallelujah!

The week of Thanksgiving was crazy busy because obviously we were trying to unpack and I was working. Brett only had to work on Wednesday....lucky duck! We were expecting to get a ton of work done on the house over the long weekend, but life threw a little twist at us! My mom started to have some abdominal pain on Wednesday. Thursday she was still in a lot of pain, so we insisted that she go to the urgent care facility. Unfortunately, the only one that was open was the one in Bellevue. So Brett and I drove her up there and waited for about 3 hours to find out what was wrong. They were pretty sure that it was her appendix, but she was not showing any of the other signs of appendicitis. They decided to send her home because they couldn't do the other tests. She needed to come back on Saturday and sooner if her pain increased. She was in the same amount of pain all day Friday as we had our Thanksgiving dinner with my sister, brother, Amanda (David's girlfriend), Alex (David's best friend), and Stephanie (Alex's girlfriend). More on that later. My mom went back at noon on Saturday and they confirmed that it was her appendix twice. So she had surgery at 5 that evening. Brett and I tried to get to the hospital before she went in, but just missed her. So we sat in her room until about 9 when she was brought back to the room. She was able to go home Sunday night. She is home now and doing fine.

Thanksgiving (on Friday) turned out really good. We had a great dinner and then we all played the Wii for a little while. Brett and I bought the new Super Mario Bros that morning for Black Friday and LOVED playing it. It was so fun! We also played Boom Blox. That is a pretty fun game as well.

Black Friday was pretty fun. Brett and I went to Target (got his GPS, a microwave, and some DVDs). We also went to Walmart and vowed to never go again!!! Then we went to Fred Meyer to get some video games and accessories since they were 20% off. Not awesome, but decent.

Anyway, that is a little bit of what we have been up to. I will do the scrapping catch up tomorrow. This has taken me forever to write! Much longer than I thought! Have a good night!

No comments: